Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 20



All the paintings I've done so far are lined up across my dining room wall behind me as I paint. It's hard to believe I'm 3 weeks into it. This project really is a journey, and as much for me as anyone else.

A few days ago a friend shared some photos he'd taken at the base of the Statue of Liberty. Several are on his website dedicated to a grass roots effort to keep Lady Liberty's torch lit eternally as a symbolic beacon of hope. I decided to paint two of these photos for this fundraising series one small, and one on a grand scale (30"x30"). Please contact me if you are interested in a print of this painting, "Liberty's Torch". To find out more about the proposal to keep the Torch lit 24/7, please visit: http://libertytorch.org

Today's piece is called "Quiet Moment" with help from Sarah C. (12).

No comments:

Post a Comment