Thursday, January 21, 2010

Track Star in Training

Without exception, everyone I talk to about this project is not just excited, but is climbing on the bus! It's fantastic and exactly what we need. Reaching out to the right people to help gather attention and support is on my mind today (actually, every day). The painting supplies we need are in Ben's car, on the way here. And the painting will begin tomorrow... wahoo!

Soon though, I will have to jump a few key hurdles...

First, how to cover the 2.9% Paypal transaction fees when auction winners pay for their pieces. It's very important that the auctions remain 100% donations to Save the Children. (Looking at eBay's fine print on their Giving Works program... Paypal does not seem to be part of this.)

Second, how to frame the work for the gallery showing at the end of the month. The kids will be excited to see their efforts framed and hung in one spot and they deserve the proper presentation.

Third, I need to plan a reception/art opening to celebrate what we're doing!

Fourth, I need a calendar... I'm in denial that it's actually 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment